Monday 18 June 2012

Lathkill Dale and Bradford Dale

After one of the wettest month's on record, I thought I would take advantage of the (brief) arrival of the sun to visit two of my favourite dales - Lathkill Dale and Bradford Dale.

I started at Monyash and headed down Lathkill Dale


On my last visit there was no sign of water until the bridge leading to Cales Dale. However, today the river surfaced over half a mile before the bridge








Leaving Lathkill Dale, I headed via Meadow Grange, to Youlgrave (or Youlgreave)



After lunch, I proceeded (in an orderly fashion) along Bradford Dale


On my last visit to this Dale, the river bed was dry - but not now!






I joined the Limestone Way


 and continued along past the Bradford Dams










Then up to Calling Low and Cales Dale


Before returning to Lathkill Dale and Monyash



No comments:

Post a Comment