Wednesday 2 July 2014

A Derbyshire day out at the cricket

For the princely sum of £6 I bought a Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket which gave me unlimited travel on trains and buses for the day within Derbyshire but also from, and into adjacent, counties.



I started with a bus ride from Sheffield (Meadowhead) to Chesterfield, where I caught a train to Derby


I have used Chesterfield Station many times but had not noticed this building before - just shows how observant I am!



The main purpose of my visit to Derby was to see Derbyshire play India on the first day of a warm-up match in advance of the forthcoming Test Series against England


Derbyshire won the toss and decided to bat



It was slow going in the first session





 By lunch Derbyshire had made 79 runs for the loss of two wickets - Borrington was out for 0 and Chesney Hughes (pictured) made 23


Jadeja took a couple of wickets in the next session





Captain M S Dhoni looking on


Wes Durston starting hitting out with several fours and sixes


... he was out, caught and bowled, just after tea for 95. Derbyshire finished the day on 326 for 5 wickets


On the way back to Derby station I came across this in a pub car park - not what I expected to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment